OEM Style, Multicolor Function. The Dodge Charger has white LED DRLs in the headlamps, which provide a modern and distinct look on the road. By replacing the circuit boards inside with Diode Dynamics LED circuit boards, you can add full multicolor funtionality, to seriously make your ride stand out! Your order includes two sets of LED boards, one for each side of the vehicle.
RGBW. This product is not just RGB, it is RGBW! That means there is an extra LED chip that is specifically white in color, right next to the standard red, green, and blue LEDs. By using an RGBW controller, you can activate and control the white chip independently of the colors. This provides a much more uniform, pure, and bright white color than the traditional method of combining all RGB signals, so you can keep a clean, factory white appearance for everyday driving.
OEM-Grade Design. At Diode Dynamics, we work directly from OEM data, and use a 3D scanner, to develop precise replacement boards with identical mounting points and shape. Just remove the original boards, and ours will fit directly in place with correct alignment. You'll also see OEM design features, such as high-intensity automotive emitters, wire connectors, and serial numbers for quality assurance.
Works correctly, with no surprises. In 2014, Diode Dynamics was the first to make replacement multicolor circuit boards. Our goal is to make them work just like the factory system - except for that fact that you can change the color anytime you'd like! That means connecting to the factory DRL and running light signals for proper operation. This isn't as easy as it sounds - on the Dodge Charger, the vehicle's computer will shut off the parking light after 15-20 minutes if it doesn't see the power draw it expects. Many of our competitors skip the factory signals, instructing customers to connect power to the battery, and manually turn the LEDs off and on every time they're used. Not ideal!
To drive the high-power LEDs safely, a new constant-current, waterproof, inductive driver is included for each set. Also included is a Solid-State Relay Harness to activate the LEDs from two independent factory signals, without flickering or errors. This custom-designed harness draws power from the battery, while still using your factory signals. We recommend connecting to the parking light and sidemarker signal, so this module lights up when the parking lights or headlights are on. Remember, when you're not showing off, you can set the LEDs to pure white for everyday use. Everything works perfectly, with no errors: there's no need to sacrifice factory function with Diode Dynamics products!
Optically correct. Unlike strips or halos, replacement boards work in conjunction with factory optics in your headlight. Since the factory setup uses only one white chip, it can be difficult to align the light properly from all four replacement emitters (Red, Green, Blue, and White). To save cost, other brands often use low-cost generic chips, which cannot focus light properly. This creates odd appearances, as some sections are brighter than others, and mixed colors like yellow and purple don't match. Diode Dynamics uses high-intensity automotive emitters to direct light properly to the factory optic, and all designs are tested a number of times with small adjustments to make sure the setup is optimized. Even a 0.1mm change can make a big difference, and Diode Dynamics products are carefully tuned for maximum performance.
Reliable operation. To drive the high-power LEDs safely, a constant-current, waterproof, inductive driver is included for each set. These drivers were designed to last the life of your vehicle, and have been subjected to advanced transient voltage testing. These tests replicate the electrical wear and tear experienced in automotive environments every time your alternator starts and stops, which is what kills less robust electronics over time. The entire kit is also tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F, vibration, and corrosion. All of these tests are completed to SAE/DOT standards, just like the factory components.
Experience. After over a decade in business, Diode Dynamics is the most trusted name in automotive LED lighting. Unlike every other LED distributor, we assemble and engineer products ourselves in the United States, for high quality and fast time-to-market of the newest and brightest LED technologies. We pride ourselves in offering only quality LED products, that will exceed your expectations.
- Adds RGBW multicolor function to original white DRLs
- High-instensity LEDs, with aluminum substrate PCBs
- Smartphone control with optional Bluetooth Controller
- Constant-current, high-power driver modules
- CAD-designed for perfect fitment
- Engineered and assembled in USA
What's Included In the Box:
- Two (2) Multicolor LED Boards for installation in 2015-2018 Dodge Charger headlights
- Two (2) constant current RGBW drivers, fully waterproof
- One (1) Solid-State relay module
- One (1) Fused battery connection wire, with T-Taps
- One (1) 3M M8 extension wire
- Quantity: Pair (Left and Right Side)
- Warranty: 3 year warranty
- Return Policy: 30-day Return with no restocking fee
- 100 percent Satisfaction Guarantee
An RGBW Controller is required for operation (not included, sold separately).
- Note: These boards are not compatible with aftermarket (non-factory) headlamps
- Application: DRL
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Charger
- Years: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Electrical Compatibility: PWM/CANBUS System. Includes direct battery connection to prevent issue
- DRL Function: Operates at full brightness for DRL
- An RGBW Controller is required to use this product
- Measured Lumens: 369 lm
Power (watts): 7.88
- Operating Voltage: 9-16V
- Current (amps at 13.2V): 0.616
- Operating Temperature: -40C to 85C (-40F to 185F)
- LED Emitter: High-Power Chip Scale Package (CSP)
- Connector(s): M8 Input, T-Tap Inputs
- Driver Features: External, Waterproof, Constant Current
- Driver Dimensions: 2.5 Inch x 1.38 Inch x 0.88 Inch
- Materials: Aluminum PCB Cooling: Passive, uses OEM heatsink
- Compliance Ratings: SAE J575 Durability Test