This is the do-it-yourself version of our popular Tail as Turn module. It is Made in USA, by Diode Dynamics, in St. Louis, Missouri.
Note: Good working knowledge of electronics and wiring is required for installation. This product is intended only for experienced users. If you are unfamiliar with your vehicle's wiring system or have questions on function, we would strongly recommend professional installation.
With this simple power control module, you can convert any LED tail lamp to also function as the turn signal, for a much more modern appearance. It will work best in any vehicle where the turn signal is a traditional filament bulb.
To install this module, you only need to work with the brake light wire and turn signal wire on each side of your vehicle. Once you determine which wires to tap, installation is simple with the included installation guide.
Once you've converted the tail light to function as the turn signal, you'll be left with an unused bulb! When installing, you can choose to remove it, or keep it blinking as a turn signal. Or, if you convert the old turn signal bulb to an LED, you can easily make it another brake light!
If your old turn signal bulb had a clear lens, you can install a white LED bulb, and make a custom harness to tap the backup light circuit to add additional backup lights! Since this module opens a bulb to be used how you please, the possibilities for configuration are endless. Also remember, this module simply controls 12V power, and can be used for a variety of purposes, if you're feeling creative!
This module is designed to power LED tail lamps only, with a maximum one amp total power draw. It should not be used to illuminate incandescent bulbs.
Note: By eliminating the factory turn signal with this module, you will decrease power draw on the turn signal circuit, causing most vehicles to hyperblink, as the vehicle thinks the bulb is out. To fix this, we recommend replacing the flasher module if possible, or you can install resistors to replicate the factory load.
- Converts any vehicle's LED tail lamps into turn signal
- Option to convert old turn signal bulb into additional backup light
- Three-wire installation with included connectors
- Made in USA
What's Included In the Box:
- Two (2) Tail as Turn modules, with butt terminal connectors
- Quantity: Two (2)
- Warranty: 3 year warranty
- Return Policy: 30-day Return with no restocking fee
- 100 percent Satisfaction Guarantee
- This is a universal product for vehicles with LED tail lights and a traditional incandescent turn signal bulb from the factory.
- Maximum Current: 1A
- Maximum Voltage: 20V
- Minimum Voltage: 8V
- Input Circuit Leakage Voltage: <1V
- Forward Voltage: <0.6V
- Operating Voltage: 9-16V
- Operating Temperature: -40C to 85C (-40F to 185F)
- Weight (lb): 0.3313